bowtielovers

For those who love bowties.

When was the first time you wore a real bowtie?

For me it was when I was about 10 or 11, I used to watch my father put his on and wear them all the time and I wanted to be just lik ehim. I would sneak into his room while he was at work and play around with his ties untill one day when I finally figured out to tie one my self. He was so proud once I showed him what I had learned that he took me out to get one of my own. That was the turing point and after that I wanted to wear them all the time. 

Views: 443

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm impressed that you could teach yourself how to tie a bowtie. I learned in a few sessions where my father taught me how to tie a Windsor, a half Windsor, a four-in-hand, and a bowtie. The ascot I had to learn on my own.
Well I have always been a visual learner, and took a mental imagine of my father tying his everyday. I played aroudnd inthe mirror several times with it untill I figured it out. Not my best work but it was my first time.
bowtieguy said:
Well I have always been a visual learner, and took a mental imagine of my father tying his everyday. I played aroudnd inthe mirror several times with it untill I figured it out. Not my best work but it was my first time.
You experience and mine parallel each other. The important thing that we know how to do it.
That's such a very cute story. Sadly, I have yet to wear what many consider to be a "real" bowtie. I began wanting to wear bowties when i was about 10 - 11 myself though.
it is sad, I don't mind clip ons for formal wear but don't see much purpose for them outside of that, any self respecting wearer would not normally wear anything other then freestyle. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you remedy this.

bowtietap said:
That's such a very cute story. Sadly, I have yet to wear what many consider to be a "real" bowtie. I began wanting to wear bowties when i was about 10 - 11 myself though.
Why would clip-on's be more acceptable to you for formal wear than for other occasions??

bowtieguy said:
it is sad, I don't mind clip ons for formal wear but don't see much purpose for them outside of that, any self respecting wearer would not normally wear anything other then freestyle. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you remedy this.

bowtietap said:
That's such a very cute story. Sadly, I have yet to wear what many consider to be a "real" bowtie. I began wanting to wear bowties when i was about 10 - 11 myself though.
Well I have always said if your going to go to the trouble of wear a bowtie you should wear a reestyle, no self respecting wearer would even think of a clip on. I do however not accept them but tollerate tehm for formal wear since most people do not wear them but will do so if they have on a tux I can under them going with a clip on. Do I like it? No but I won't say anything about it.
That is a touching story, I was about your age as well perhaps a bit older. I had worn neckties as well as bowties but once I wore a real bowtie and learned to tie it myself I too was hooked on them. Now I wear them exclusively as dose my son.
2008
As soon as I learned to tie one... probably about 15 or 16.

The very first time i wore a bow tie i was 26, the only thing was someone else put it on me and i was never able to learn how to put on myself. I love the way it looked on me then. That was in 1992. It was only since three years ago, i finally learned how to put on a bow tie in the proper way. Of course now that is all i ever wear when i am suited up. Love the way they look, and a lot of men tell me i am they look very nice on me. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by bowtieguy.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service