bowtielovers

For those who love bowties.

Does anyone have any stories about their favorite experiences with ties?

Here's one for you all. Bear in mind, it's not a bowtie story but it is an awesome tale about "learning" to tie a necktie.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I was in college, I used to have the biggest crush on my business professor. He was super-cute and very well put together. Being an attorney, he would come to class everyday in these amazing suits. More often than not, he would remove his jacket for class but would always keep his tie tied in the most amazing full-windsor knots that I've seen in a long time. He would also sometimes fondle them a little while he was lecturing.

I knew he was straight and all, but that didn't stop me from fantasizing occasionally. After all, in the privacy of our thoughts we can be as childish as we like ;-)

Finally, one day I decided to have a little personal fun with him. It was totally innocent but I enjoyed every second of it with a passion. One day, I wore a white dress shirt, pressed khakis, and a pair of black dress shoes and belt to class. I hung back after class and asked him for a favor.

"You see, I have a job interview in an hour and... Well... I don't know how to tie these things. Can you show me how?"

From my pocket, I pulled out my basic red tie with subtle black/white/silver stripes running across it. It's my standard go-to tie for whenever I can't decide what to wear and need to play it safe.

He smiled widely and said he'd be glad to help. He then untied his own tie, told me to button my shirt all the way up and to drape the tie around my neck. He then proceeded to show me how to tie one of his full-windsor knots. I followed his instructions to the letter, feeling a little hot under the collar while doing so. The thing is, he was slightly taller than me and so, as a result, my tie ended up being a little longer in the narrow end than it should have been. So he had me untie it and showed me again...

After the second try, the knot came out nearly perfect. Then... Without warning...

"Here you go, let me help you with that."

He leaned down and straightened it for me. Drawing it up tightly to my collar and ensuring that it was dimpled properly. I had to take special care to keep my breathing under control as my pulse was racing. Once he was finished, he patted me on the back and told me that I looked great.

"You've got this thing in the bag! You've got the skills, you've got the tie, now get over there and knock 'em dead!"

He held the door open for me. Realizing that the experience was over, I thanked him and walked out. My head was held very high and my adrenaline was rushing. I was finished with classes for the day and went home, keeping the tie tied perfectly all the way.

Views: 342

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is a nice story, I have a similar one involving my choir teacher. He was fresh out of student teaching and it was my first year at the new school too. I remember him taking notice of my wearing bowties and one of the first to call me bowtieguy actually. He would take the roll call and get to me and say I know kevin's here I can see his bowtie across the room. I always blushed when he would say things like that. Well our first performance came and all the boys had to wear or shall I say got to wear nice tuxes. Naturally I was the only one wearing a freestyle tie with mine. The choir teacher mr eversole had one as well but was having a bit of trouble with his I noticed so I walked up and said hello. He seemed very glad to see me saying Kevin there you are I am glad to see you, he then asked me to help him with his tie. Naturally I said yes and moved into do what I do best. Now he did not realize that I had a huge crush on him and I was so worried I might get exicted while being that close to him and he would take notice. He smelled very nice and had a nice look about him (think matt Morrison from glee) but I held my cool and tied the most perfect knot. He took one look in the mirror and said looks great thanks kevin. I said your welcome and we went on about the night but it is one experience I will never forget. From then on I was his go to guy for the next 6 years of school each time ready to tie his tie for him and I enjoyed it just as much as the time before.

These are all touching accounts, you must have really been a brave young man to work up to courage to not only ask for the bowties but to wear a suit and bowtie all the time like that. Reminds me so much of me growing up too but it was just my father and me and I had no siblings, but still I begged to dress up any chance I got.

No by courage I meant dressing like that around others your age, Children can usually be so cruel when others are different such as you and I. I got a but of ribbing myself from time to time, nothing to see a shrink about but was still annoying.

same here I got just as many positive comments as I did negative of course most of them were from teachers and very few students. But after a few months they got used to me and it settled down a bit. Most of it was from the bowties and the fact that I would still wear a suit and tie on casual Fridays, but I wasn't going to let them stop me from being me.

well here on Fridays the tie and coat were optional just a dress shirt and slacks were mandatory, but that did not stop me from wearing my suit and tie anyways. I got many positive comments in college as well. I had my job then where I am at now and I had little time to get to it from my last class so I used it as an excuse to dress up in college even though there was no dress code there of course. but everyday like high school there I was in my suits and bowties.

I suppose when I went school shopping before I started 7th grade. I was going to be attending this all boys prep academy and the dress code was coat and tie so my father was taking me to obtain some new suits to wear. I remember once we selected the suits and shirts the salesman asked what about ties? and to both his and my fathers surprise I asked about bowties, and later stunned them both when I correctly tied one. The attention I got then and there was amazing, and I will never forget that day. 

Yes that is how it was for me too, tying that bowtie in the store for both the salesman to see and my father as well. They were so surprised to see me get it right the first time and it was so rewarding to show my father that I had taught myself to tie them in honor of him. I knew he was very proud of me that day and that man became my perminate salesman for many years on after that. 

bowtieguy said:

That is a nice story, I have a similar one involving my choir teacher. He was fresh out of student teaching and it was my first year at the new school too. I remember him taking notice of my wearing bowties and one of the first to call me bowtieguy actually. He would take the roll call and get to me and say I know kevin's here I can see his bowtie across the room. I always blushed when he would say things like that. Well our first performance came and all the boys had to wear or shall I say got to wear nice tuxes. Naturally I was the only one wearing a freestyle tie with mine. The choir teacher mr eversole had one as well but was having a bit of trouble with his I noticed so I walked up and said hello. He seemed very glad to see me saying Kevin there you are I am glad to see you, he then asked me to help him with his tie. Naturally I said yes and moved into do what I do best. Now he did not realize that I had a huge crush on him and I was so worried I might get exicted while being that close to him and he would take notice. He smelled very nice and had a nice look about him (think matt Morrison from glee) but I held my cool and tied the most perfect knot. He took one look in the mirror and said looks great thanks kevin. I said your welcome and we went on about the night but it is one experience I will never forget. From then on I was his go to guy for the next 6 years of school each time ready to tie his tie for him and I enjoyed it just as much as the time before.

I had one particular friend during high school. Our families were quite close. It was our mothers, longtime best friends, and our sisters, and us. He followed my example and soon we were the bowtied twins, both of us in suits and bow ties ALL the time. When I first taught him how to tie a bow tie, I noticed his breathing increase. The first time he adjusted my bow tie, I was quite turned on at the feel of his fingers touching my bow tie and my stiff, white collar. Not long thereafter, our mothers took all of us to a very nice restaurant for dinner. The two of us, in three-piece suits and bow ties, rode in the back seat of his mother's minivan. We sat closer together than we had to. Feeling him alongside me, it was quite clear to me how I was feeling. Suddenly he slipped his right arm through my left. We stayed that way the rest of the trip. I was imagining that we were two grooms, all dressed up for our wedding, being driven to a church where we were to be wed. Later that evening, when we got home, we  took a walk. With no one watching, his arm was through mine once more. I confessed to him my little wedding fantasy. He said he had been thinking the exact same thing. We stopped walking and shared our very first kiss.

What a lovely story, reminds me of myself and my best friend whom I too influenced to dress better. He and I shared some pretty close moments as well. 

Our mothers figured out our romantic attachment probably much sooner than they let on. They were quite cool about it.

That's lucky for you then, not all parents would have let that continue. I don't think father caught wind of how close my friend and I were, if so he too kept it to himself. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by bowtieguy.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service